A few weeks ago I was delighted to find a lovely comment on my blog saying that I had been awarded the Liebster Blog Award. Thank you very much to Literary Relish, who has brilliant taste in books and her own fantastic blog here!
A couple of weeks later I had another reason to be happy when I was awarded the Kreativ Blogger and Versatile Blogger Award by the wonderful A Novel Place… who runs a superbly bookish blog here! (Thank you!)
The idea of these awards is to spread the blogging love and show appreciation to fellow bloggers. So, after a very pleasant afternoon browsing through all of my favourite blogs, I have finally whittled my list of favourites down to 5 (it was so very difficult!). I would like to note that it is very hard to guess how many followers a blog has, so I have concentrated on blogs that I think deserve recognition, no matter how many followers they already have.
Please scroll down for the rules!
My final five favourite blogs are:
- Rarest Kind of Best – This blog has such a wealth of information about children’s literature. You can find reviews of classic and contemporary children’s books, discussions, posts about the history of fairy tales and all sorts of interesting thoughts. Perfect for parents, teachers and anybody interested in the history of children’s literature.
- My Viennese Adventures – This blog is all about a Londoner discovering the wonders and not so wonderful aspects of Vienna. It’s readable, funny, informative and I like the nice and simple layout.
- The Book Nook – This blog is run by an Agatha Christie loving bookworm. I have not read anything by Agatha Christie but this blog makes me want to change that! You can also find reviews and discussions about other books, adaptations and different authors. I agree with a lot that I have read on this blog and am happy to discover new things by browsing through old posts.
- Liburuak – This blog has a great mixture of books! There are books that I have read and loved, and also books that I have never heard of, which is nice. Full of excellent reviews and other bookish discussions.
- Bookzilla - First of all, what a brilliant name for a blog! There is always something going on, with a post almost everyday. You can find a good collection of books and reviews and a variety of memes and challenges to get stuck into.
Note: Rarest Kind of Best, My Viennese Adventures, The Book Nook, Liburuak and Bookzilla – Please feel free to pass either of these awards on and / or join in with the fun below!
Here are the rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed.
- Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
For the Kreativ Blogger and Versatile Blogger Award, I have to share some random facts about myself! So here goes:
- The very first book that I read all on my own was The Minpins by Roald Dahl – it was terrifying, but I loved every second!
- When I was little, I used to want to be George from The Famous Five because I was a bit of a tom-boy. I now realise that she still got treated like a girl, just as much as Anne.
- One of my many dreams is to own an amazing bookshop (which I can’t really see happening). It would be a higgledy-piggledy book heaven with a colourful children’s corner, a comfy sofa and a very cute and loving bookshop cat.
- I have never read anything by Virginia Woolf (and I know that I really must)!
- One of my favourite films is Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I much prefer it to the book, which doesn’t happen often!